Thursday, October 28, 2010

31 for 21 Day 28: New Crawl?

It appears that Sweet Pea has decided that her old crawl was not as functional as she would like and so she has adopted this new crawl...or at least she did all last night.  We will see if it continues today!  I think it is very cute and she did REALLY well considering prior to today she had only managed to move a hand, one leg and then the other hand before falling backwards into sitting.  Now she crawls a good 5-7 feet before she needs a break.  I'll be curious to hear if this is a "better" crawl from a proper movement pattern view when we see her new PT on Friday...if she continues with this crawl by then.

I'm secretly hoping that this is one step closer to walking, but who knows.  She army crawled and did her arms, leg and foot crawl for a combined 7 months so she could do this new crawl for at least that long.  She will walk when she is ready and I need to keep reminding myself of that.  Heaven knows she won't let me tell her when she is ready!  (She must get that from her Daddy)

Enjoy the two videos.  They were taken within a few minutes of each other, but I couldn't decide which to post and Daddy said to just post them both.  Enjoy!

Video 1:


Video 2:

4 comments:

  1. She is so precious. Way to go Sweet Pea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Pea is truly appropriately named! She made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's doing the bear crawl!!! I love it! She's getting so strong.

    ReplyDelete