Sunday, October 17, 2010

31 for 21 Day 17: Success with Water!

Most of you will have no idea why I am so ecstatic right now, but for those of you that have witnessed Sweet Pea's refusal to swallow water, you will understand.  Sweet Pea has spit out all water for the past few months and we have tried everything...warm, cold, room temperature, cup, straw, etc...all have resulted in us getting sprayed with water or just plain old spit if she doesn't get enough water to actually spit out.  She seemed to think this was fun and I was fearing that we may never see the end of it.  The distance on her spits was getting impressive...too bad she is supposed to be a sweet little girl!

Today during our snack I was drinking water and she seemed to be interested.  I try to encourage her to drink water at every chance I get so I let her have some in complete anticipation of it coming right back at me.  Surprise surprise though...she didn't!  She swallowed it and signed "more"!  We did this a TON of times and I finally went and got the camera to have documented proof that she really drank some.  I hope that this isn't a one time deal, but if so, at least I have proof that she did it once!  Enjoy the video:

7 comments:

  1. Very Cool! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more impressed that she drank it out of a cup!!! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Sweet Pea!!Could you come up north a bit and teach Miss Zoey a trick or two.Please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo whoo! She does look like she is enjoying it, cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Now I don't have to refrain from laughing and inadvertently encouraging her bad behavior when she spits water at you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I'm so excited for you and Sweet Pea. We are still working on water here...

    ReplyDelete