Tuesday, October 12, 2010

31 for 21 Day 12: Another DS Poem

Thank you to Jenny from Our Little Chilli Tribe for posting this:

Down syndrome Creed

My face may be different
but my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry
and take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you
to teach and to love.
As God in the heavens
looks down from above.
To Him, I'm no different,
His love has no bounds;
It's those here among you
in cities and towns,
That judge me by standards
that man has imparted,
but this family I have chosen
will help me get started.
For I am one of the children,
so special and few,
that came here to learn
the same as you.
That love and acceptance,
it must come from the heart.
We all have a purpose,
though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life
to live and embrace.
And I'll do it as you do,
but at my own pace.

-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment