Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 21 - World Down Syndrome Day - Post 1

In honor of World Down Syndrome Day our local Down Syndrome Association (DSALA) is publishing "21 quotes in 21 days by 21 people with Trisomy 21 on what it's like to have Down syndrome."  I'm not going to post them daily, but I'll group them and try to post them weekly.

Quote 1:
"She has Down syndrome just like me.
You sure are lucky!"

By: Christine Young (age 37)

Said to a family that included a toddler with Down syndrome at Disneyland,
the Happiest Place on Earth. 



Quote 2:

"Dad, what are taxes?
Why are they taking money from my paycheck?" Nick Heukrodt (age 26)  
Clerks' Helper at Gelson's Market, Calabasas, CA 
Who pays all taxes and union dues.
 


Quote 3:
"Mom, remember be patient.
I will do it, I learn, be patient."
Jarold Martinez-Ghazarian
 Age: 8 years


Quote 4:
"Can I say one more thing really fast?
I am here to prove people with disabilities
can have a normal life and live it
and that's what I am here to prove"
 Brent K. Banford
Age: 27years
Brent spontaneoulsly made this remark to the judges
after his audition for the TV reality show
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. 
It was aired on May 28, 2008.
By the way, Brent is a pretty good dancer too!
 
I hope you enjoy them!  I get a kick out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment