Sunday, February 7, 2010

So Proud!

I'm sure that this streak won't continue, but I am so darn proud of the great strides that Sweet Pea has been making the past few weeks.  Each week there seems to be something new for me to celebrate!  This weekend has been no exception as we get to celebrate two accomplishments...

1) Actual babbling!  Sweet Pea is finally starting to do more than just throaty sounds and is actually stringing together a few baah baah baah.  Most of the time it isn't a b sound, but just her making these kinds of sounds is new even without the actual b sound.  This is something that her typical peers have been doing for a long time and it's been hard for me to watch them do it and just wait for Sweet Pea to start doing something.  I'm very glad that she is finally starting this phase of communicating and I know that we have a very long road ahead of us in the realm of speech, but she has to start with something.

2) Holding objects in both hands!  For quite some time now Sweet Pea would be holding an object and passing it back and forth in her hands, but if you tried to hand her something else, she would grab the new toy and instantly drop the original toy.  Today Uncle B (who is actually her cousin's uncle) was playing with her and she had a rubber ducky in one hand and he handed her another rubber ducky and she held onto them both!  I was so excited and poor Uncle B probably thinks I'm insane, but we have been watching for this for some time now.  Our OT will be excited to hear about this tomorrow as well.  She repeated it a number of times throughout the afternoon so we know it wasn't a fluke too!

We all had a good time at Cousin C's 3rd birthday party and it's amazing to watch how fast he and his brother are growing up.  It's hard to watch how "perfect" they are, but at the same time I am so happy for them and all that those boys are able to accomplish.  They are great boys!  They are so wonderful to Sweet Pea and I know that she has their love and support forever and that means more to me than words can say.

I think that's enough bragging for one mommy and aunt for the day.  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mommy to Sweet Pea,
    I found you because you found me, and I wanted to say thank you for posting my blog in your blog roll! I have added you to mine, (hope you don't mind) and I would like to say, good job on your blog. Sweet Pea is precious, and also I wanted to wish you both good luck with the upcoming appointment on the 19th. I know everything will go well. Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete