Monday, October 1, 2012

Down Syndrome Awareness Month 2012

I wasn't sure I was going to do the blog entry a day challenge for Down Syndrome Awareness Month, but just a few hours into the first day and I am already feeling the need and desire to do so, so here it goes!  There is so much that I want to share about our life and the lives of others with Down syndrome.  I'm sure that I've said it before, but it is worth repeating...Sweet Pea's life is so much better because of all the families that forged the path ahead of us. They made the world more accepting, research more important and the therapies more accessible.  I am very involved in our local community because I know that there is still work to be done, but I am so thankful to those that came before Sweet Pea and I dedicate this challenge to them.

With that in mind, there is no better way to start this challenge than by posting this video of a 29 year old with Down syndrome who is working in Orange County.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment