Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thank You & Wish Us Luck!

I have shared my blog with a few other bloggers on this T21 journey and I want to say a huge thank you to them for their strong words of encouragement and support. It means the world to me to know that I have their support as their blogs have helped me so much.

The other thing that I want to share today is that we would greatly appreciate everyone’s positive thoughts and prayers for Sweet Pea tomorrow. She has to have a 3 hour MRI and it looks like she is finally healthy enough to get it done. Yes, this is our third time trying and we are really hoping that we don't get turned away again! It's going to be a very long and hard day for all of us as we can't feed her after midnight and don't have a clue what to expect tomorrow. I've heard that it isn't fun to watch your child come out from the effects of sedation and I can only hope she does as good as can be expected. It breaks my heart, and Daddy's even more, to see her in pain! I don't think she will be in pain, but disorientation or whatever it is can't be fun for her. So please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow and I'll provide an update once we get home.

Many of you probably don't know what the MRI is even for...well...neither do we really. We had an upper GI test done in August and it showed an indentation on the esophagus. The exact wording on the report is "Abnormal impression along the posterior aspect of the esophagus differential diagnosis includes aberrant right subclavian artery versus double aortic arch." The radiologist recommended to our GI doc that we have our cardiologist (yes, a lot of docs) take a look at Sweet Peas heart which we did in October. During that appointment they did another echo and they didn't see any evidence of a double aortic arch which was wonderful news. However, the doctor wants to ensure that there isn't something wrong that the echo can't see so he is having Sweet Pea undergo an MRI of the head, chest and neck. We had the first MRI scheduled for mid November and she had a cold so we weren't able to do it. Then in December she still had a cold so we couldn't do it again. Now we are REALLY hoping that she remains healthy for the next 24 hours! We will then have to wait until the 19th of February when we meet with the cardiologist. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. Again, the cardiologist is fairly certain that nothing is wrong, he just wants to be 100% sure and this is the only way to do that apparently.

Wish us luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment