It's hard to believe that Angel wasn't due to join us until today because I've so thoroughly enjoyed having her with us these past 2 weeks! She joined our family and instantly made it complete.
14 Things We Love About You:
1) When you were born your bottom lip quivered so much and your Daddy and I just adored it! It only lasted a few days though. (After I wrote this I saw it quiver again for a few seconds...thanks for the flashback!)
2) You make the cutest squeaking noises and we call you pipsqueak and squeaky because of it. You squeak when you sleep, eat and are awake. They always bring a smile to my face! I'll try to capture some on video before you stop.
3) You are alert more and more. You used to barely make it 15 minutes and now you are awake for easily an hour at a time and on Monday you were up for 2.5 hours in a row! When you are awake you stare at me while I talk to you and just cuddle against me.
4) Your expressions are hilarious! Daddy thought that you look very concerned most of the time when you were first born. "She has a lot on her mind" was said a great number of times. You mastered the brow furrow right from the start!
5) You have a dimple on your right cheek when you grin.
6) You sleep just like your Mommy with your hands up by your face.
7) You prefer to sleep in the bed with us instead of in the bassinet next to the bed. Luckily you only start this around 4am or so as this keeps Mommy from sleeping too well. I'm worried about the transition to the crib, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.
8) You love to be held and are demanding it more often with each passing day. I'm pulling out the sling and hoping you enjoy it so that I can hold you and play with your sister at the same time.
9) You sleep for 3 hours at a time during the night. I hope you start to stretch that soon, but it's better than one hour blocks!
10) You wake up to feed so I don't have to torture you with cold washcloths to wake you up to eat. That was so hard for Mommy with your big sister and I'm more than happy not reliving that!
11) You obey Daddy's 4 rules: 1) Breath 2) Sleep 3) Eat 4) Poop After some early trouble with rule #1, you have been obeying all 4 of Dad's rules. (The first night home from the hospital found Daddy watching you for an hour or two while Mommy took an early nap and apparently during that time you decided to mess with your Daddy and not breathe or at least appear not to for significant lengths of time. You learned quickly how to mess with him! I see years of torture in his future!)
12) You eat like a champ and I'm excited to see what you weigh at the doctor on Friday. We moved from newborn to size 1 diapers today.
13) You are not a crier! You cry for a brief moment to get your point across and then you give us time to respond. It's very considerate of you! However, you do not like red traffic lights and you let your displeasure be known. I'm hoping you learn to be a little patient with traffic soon since we do live in Southern California!
14) You put up with your big sister petting you and trying to stick her fingers in your ears. I think we should all be happy that it's your ears and not your eyes!
It's been wonderful getting to know you these past two weeks and I look forward to getting to know you more with each and every passing day. I love you so much!
First evening home from hospital:
First time the cousins got to meet you:
Cousin O was happy to pose with you, but Cousin C didn't want to get too close.
Auntie J enjoying some cuddle time:
Cousin O is amazed at how small you are:
Daddy's cousin from Michigan:
Your sister loves to help burp you:
Crazy Aunt R is in love with you:
Sunbathing to try to rid your body of the jaundice:
What a motley crew:
Mommy enjoys her snuggle time with both of her girls:
Snuggled into car seat:
Daddy with his little Angel: