Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm the luckiest mom in the world to have these two adorable girls to call mine!



I know that today isn't all about me...I can't even begin to find the words to describe how much I love my mom. She is the most amazing woman I know! The love and support that she has provided to me and our entire family has meant the world to me.  I'm not sure I would have survived the last 2 years...much less the last 30 some odd years...without her!  She is my hero and I wish I had the words to express to her how deeply I love and appreciate her for all that she is and does. And my little girls love her as much as I do!  So to the best mom in the entire world...Happy Mother's Day!!!!

We went to the local mountains with my mom and sister for the weekend and it was great.  We got to visit with Mama Bear and Papa Bear twice which made the trip even better! I always love it up there and it seems that every single time that we go up there, Sweet Pea learns a new skill.  First it was standing up by herself, then her first steps, and now...hooking her booster seat straps!  Alright, so that doesn't compare to her first steps, but I had said just yesterday that I couldn't imagine her learning something new up there this trip.  She really likes to just prove me wrong!  This morning I got to sleep in a little and when I came out she was sitting in her booster and was practicing this new skill!  She needs help getting it unhooked (thankfully), but I love the concentration that she has when she is working on it!



Success on the left side


Working on the right (which she did end up getting later)...


My mom had her crocs out and Sweet Pea was in LOVE with them!  She kept trying to step into them and then walk.  It was super cute!!!








Papa Bear and his Sweet Pea...oh and I wish I had gotten a photo of Sweet Pea signing "bear" when she would look at Mama Bear or Papa Bear. She even signed "daddy" and then "bear" one time!





And finally, just some random photos


5 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day, looks like it was a great weekend. Sweet pea is getting so bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post...happy mother's day to you!!

    I know awhile ago you asked me about what stroller I have for the kids...my stroller is a graco and I do really like it, but it's not easy to transport. It definitely doesn't fit in my little honda civic and I'm hoping it fits in my husband's altima (which I haven't tried yet). Even folded down it sits up higher than most strollers. It's easy to maneuver and get around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!! looks like a wonderful weekend! loving the pix..smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE a lucky mom! Such beautiful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweet Pea's Mama! You left a comment on my blog, but I don't have your name or email address. So, I wanted to get back to you about the smoothie. First, the best tool ever is the Magic Bullet (they sell it at Costco). It's a small blender that does a great job. The smoothie I mentioned: 1 banana, 1/2 avocado, about a cup of mango chunks (I get the frozen bag from Trader Joes), 1 T Almond (or peanut) butter, 4 T fortified baby cereal (to make sure Nate gets all the iron he needs), as much almond milk (or apple juice) to make it the desired thickness.

    I'd love to be in touch!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete