Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy 4 Month Birthday Angel

I probably say this every month, but wow!  I can't believe how fast time is flying!  Angel is 4 months old today and is becoming such a fun little girl.  Sweet Pea took a lot longer to come out of the newborn blob stage as I call it (cute, but not much fun overall) and I'm constantly being surprised by how quickly Angel develops.  It's very different because I don't worry about her development.  I can just sit and watch it happen instead of working tirelessly to help it happen.  I just may end up being too laid back!

Angel greets us every time she wakes up in the morning and pretty much every nap time with a huge smile.  She laughs when you laugh and loves zerberts on her belly.  She loves to be roughly loved by her big sister even though it makes Mommy nervous.  Sweet Pea loves to climb on top of Angel and give a full body hug.  I always expect Angel to start crying, but it never fails that Angel has a huge smile on her face as I peel Sweet Pea off of her.  Crazy little girl!  It's true love between those two though!

We had her 4 month well baby visit on Tuesday the 24th and here were her stats:

Length: 25 inches (75%)
Weight: 14 lbs 3 1/2 ozs (50% - 75%)
Head Circumference: 42 1/2 cm (75% - 90%)

Her weight dropped from 90% to 50%-75%, but since the head increased the doctor isn't worried about it.  I'm happy with 50%-75% and I love that I am not stressing out about her weight like I did constantly with Sweet Pea.  I packed up the infant scale before Angel was born and haven't gotten it out once!  I love it!!!!  It's a much more enjoyable way of raising a baby!  I call Angel my Staples Easy Button, but I know that I wouldn't be appreciating her easiness without having experienced everything with Sweet Pea.  Sweet Pea has taught me a ton and one of the most important things is to appreciate life and not to take things for granted.  I think I'm finally doing that after 30 something years.

One of my favorite Angelisms is when she is falling asleep she will turn her head back and forth a lot and sometimes she lets out the cutest soft little coos.  She seems to love falling asleep (most of the time) and it's a wonderful thing to watch her drift off in her bassinet.  Here is a video clip of it...I won't be offended if you don't watch it all the way to the end.  I just couldn't not show the end result too.



I stared at her for a long time today enjoying her fascination with the rattle and trying to keep her hands on it.  The focus and determination on her face was so wonderful!
 

I have a very hard time capturing her smiling, but you get the idea...


Kodi had to come check out the big girl as she relaxed in her chair.  Oh, and I finally put Angel in the Bumbo in front of Sweet Pea and Sweet Pea didn't mind at all!  I definitely expected Sweet Pea to try to pull her out or sit on top of her.  She just smiled and babbled away and I assume she was telling me what a big girl her sister is becoming and how she can't wait to play with her!


Happy Birthday Angel!!!! We love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment