Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Announcement: New Family Member

When you have a sun room that looks like this...

And the kids have to climb into and on top of boxes just to reach their climbing structure...


You never know what you will find has moved in...

in addition to a few spiders (luckily no black widows were found)...

and a few silverfish (yucky things that they are)...

we found that this had decided to join our family...


We sure were lucky it was only a strong willed tomato plant!


It took me quite a while to notice it initially when I was cleaning the sun room and it took quite a while longer to get the area cleaned enough to see how it got there.  When I did I was pleasantly surprised that it hadn't done any damage, but had casually climbed through a tiny gap between the screen frame and the window that was open.  I haven't had the heart to cut it off yet, but the plant should be dying soon enough now that fall has finally arrived!

(Oh, and no...our house is a mess, but it isn't normally this bad!  This was everything from the attic and other rooms that had to be moved out when we had a little construction done a couple of months ago.  I wanted to get it organized before putting it away again and that kept falling lower and lower on my priority list.  Finally got to a good chunk of it this past weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment